OUR VALUES & COMMITMENTS
Acknowledgement of Traditional Custodians
Bairnsdale Regional Health Service (BRHS) acknowledges the Gunaikurnai people as the traditional owners of the land on which the health service is located.
We recognise and respect their cultural heritage, beliefs and relationship with the lands.
We pay our respects to elders both past and present and thank them for their contribution to the health service.
Commitment to Child Safety
BRHS is committed to Child Safety. We want children to be safe, happy and empowered.
BRHS is committed to:
- Preventing Child Abuse and identifying risks early, and has robust human resource and recruitment practices for staff and volunteers, with the intent of removing and reducing risks.
- The safety, participation and empowerment of children and has zero tolerance of child abuse.
- Regularly training and educating our staff and volunteers on child abuse risks.
- Supporting and respecting children, as well as our staff and volunteers.
- The cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability.
- Ensuring we have specific policies, procedures and training in place that support our leadership team, staff and volunteers to achieve these commitments.
Strengthening Hospital Responses to Family Violence
BRHS believes every person has the right to feel safe, and that violence in any form is unacceptable.
BRHS is committed to supporting a whole of community response to ending domestic and family violence, through its support of our staff and consumers.
- We will implement practices within BRHS to enable staff and consumers affected by family violence to access support and assistance.
- We will work with community partners to develop and maintain referral pathways.
- We will ensure that BRHS health professionals have the skills to recognise indicators of family violence and provide a timely, sensitive and appropriate response.
Commitment to Protecting Your Privacy
BRHS is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information and we work hard to embed a respect for privacy into our culture.
Strict guidelines are followed in relation to the collection, use and storage of personal information with only appropriately authorised staff having access to your information.
Our focus is always on providing you with best possible treatment and care and we only gather personal information that is necessary to achieving this.
You have the right to access your medical record and personal information held by the BRHS.
If you identify information that is incorrect or you do not agree with, you have the right to request that it be amended in a timely manner.
For more information about our commitment to protecting your personal information, contact our Chief Health Information Manager at 5150 3493.
Commitment to Inclusivity
Bairnsdale Regional Health is committed to providing a safe, respectful and non-discriminatory environment for staff and patients/residents free from all forms of discrimination, bullying, sexual harassment, and occupational violence, racial and religious vilification.