This page includes information about Coronavirus and general health information for:
- People who have difficulty reading
- People that are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment
- People with a disability
- Non-English speaking people
If you have any questions about accessible health information at BRHS please contact:
BRHS Disability Liaison Officer
Easy English information sheets
- How to look after your health in isolation – for people with a disability and carers. Download here.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Information. Easy Read resources here.
- Australian Charter of Healthcare Rights – describes what consumers, or someone they care for, can expect when receiving health care. Download here.
- Answers to questions about facemasks for people with disabilities. Download here.
- Call-to-Test service for vulnerable Victorians – arrange coronavirus testing at your home. Download here.
- What people with disabilities should know about single social bubbles. Download here.
DHHS information about coronavirus for people with a disability
The DHHS website contains resources on coronavirus for people with disability, their families and carers, including in Easy English and alternative formats.
Australian Government Department of Health Information for people with disability about COVID-19 vaccines
Australian Dept. of Social Services information and referrals for people with disability and their supporters about coronavirus
COVID-19 Disability Information Helpline
National Relay Service
The National Relay Service (NRS) is a government initiative that allows people who are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment to make and receive phone calls.
This page has all the numbers and info you need to use NRS: https://www.communications.gov.au/what-we-do/phone/services-people-disability/accesshub/national-relay-service/service-features/national-relay-service-call-numbers
Auslan Resources for the Deaf Community
The Translating and Interpreting Service provides interpreters and help for non-English speakers.