Information about coronavirus and general health information for people who have difficulty reading, people that are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment, people with a disability, and non-English speaking people, can be found at brhs.com.au/coronavirus-accessible/
Updated 18/10/21 at 8:18 AM.
COVID-19 Community Vaccination Clinic
There are currently a number of places you can get your COVID vaccine in this area. Click here for a list.
A COVID-19 community vaccination clinic is currently open on select days at the Bairnsdale City Football Oval, MacArthur Street, Bairnsdale.
Bookings are required for the Pfizer vaccine.
Walk-ins permitted for Moderna or AstraZeneca, however bookings are strongly encouraged. If demand is high, walk-ins may not always be accommodated.
The dates currently scheduled for the Bairnsdale community vaccination clinic are:
- Monday 18 Oct., 9am – 7pm.
- Tuesday 19 Oct., 9am – 7pm.
- Wednesday 20 Oct., 8:30am – 3pm.
- Please check this website frequently for updates as these times may change.
Additional days may be scheduled depending on demand. If and when additional dates are confirmed they will be posted here.
Everyone over the age of 12 can get their COVID vaccination.
You must wait the required time between your 1st and 2nd dose. More info about wait times between vaccines is here.
People aged 60 and over are now eligible for Pfizer or Moderna.
If you are 60 or over and have booked an AstraZeneca dose 1 appointment, you can have the choice of Pfizer or Moderna if you prefer.
If you have already had your first dose of AstraZeneca you much have AstraZeneca for your second dose.
All the info you need about how to make a booking is at: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/book-your-vaccine-appointment
You are only eligible for COVID-19 testing if you have symptoms or if you have been directed to get a test by the Dept. of Health (exposure sites contact tracing, pre-surgery, industry requirement etc.)
COVID-19 testing is available for those people at the rear of the main Bairnsdale hospital (enter via McKean St entrance) on the following schedule:
- Monday, 18 Oct. 9am – last test at 4:30pm
- Tuesday, 19 Oct. 9am – last test at 1pm
- Wednesday, 20 Oct. 9am – last test at 1pm
- Thursday, 21 Oct. 9am – last test at 1pm
- Friday, 22 Oct. 9am – last test at 1pm
- Closed Saturday, 23 Oct.
- Sunday, 24 Oct. 9am – last test at 1pm
Before presenting for your test, please fill out this registration form – it will save you and the nurses time.
COVID testing is also available at the Bairnsdale Respiratory Clinic – call 4116 2014 or book online here.
Current Visiting Regulations
PERMITTED ESSENTIAL VISITS ONLY
Visiting only permitted for the following essential visitors:
- Those providing essential care or support for the patient’s immediate physical or emotional wellbeing, including support for people living with mental health conditions or dementia.
- The parent, carer or guardian of a person under the age of 18.
- A nominated person (as defined in the Mental Health Act 2014), including for patients living with dementia.
- An interpreter providing language support.
- To learn to support the patient or resident’s care upon discharge.
- As the partner or support person of a patient in maternity care, or pregnancy.
- Accompanying a patient to an emergency department or outpatient patient appointment, if necessary.
- Immediate family (including kinship) of a patient with life-threatening condition.
- End of life support or immediate family member(s) (including kinship) of a patient or aged care resident whose medical condition is life threatening.
Mon – Fri: 11 am – 6 pm.
Sat and Sun, and public holidays: 10 am – 2 pm.
- Exceptions apply for end-of-life care and maternity patients. Please call BRHS Main Reception on 5150 3333 and ask to speak to the Nurse Unit Manager caring for your loved one.
- Non-essential contractors are restricted from entering hospitals.
- All visitors must wear a mask at all times and obey 1.5 metre physical distancing rules.
To call BRHS Main Reception: 5150 3333.
To call Maddocks Garden: 5150 3659.