Information about coronavirus and general health information for people who have difficulty reading, people that are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment, people with a disability, and non-English speaking people, can be found at brhs.com.au/coronavirus-accessible/
The hours of our asymptomatic testing service have changed.
It is now open Monday – Friday, 11 am – 1 pm and then 2:30 – 3:30 pm. The service is closed to the public between 1 – 2:30 pm.
See below for more information about COVID testing.
IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT VISITING
- All members of a single household can visit a hospital patient or aged care resident once per day, for up to 2 hours.
- The number of visitors allowed to visit with the patient or resident at one time will be limited by the size of the room. To maintain physical distancing, waiting visitors may be asked to wait outside the building.
- Children under 16 can now visit.
- Visitors from outside the single household are limited to one visitor per person, per day, for up to two hours.
- There is now no time limit on a partner visiting the maternity ward.
- Exceptions will be made for palliative care patients and their families.
WEEKDAYS: 2 – 6 P.M.
WEEKENDS: 10 A.M. – 2 P.M.
If you have a friend or loved one in the hospital or at Maddocks Gardens, give them a ring. Or talk to them face to face via Skype, Facetime, Zoom or anyone of the many free video call apps.
All patients at BRHS and residents at Maddocks Gardens have access to an iPad for this very purpose.
VISITING MADDOCKS GARDENS
Here’s the latest information about visiting residents of Maddocks Gardens aged care facility.
INFORMATION ABOUT COVID TESTING
If you have mild or moderate respiratory symptoms you must get tested at the Bairnsdale Respiratory Clinic.
You must make an appointment to be tested there by phoning 4116 2014.
The Bairnsdale Respiratory Clinic is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
If you are feeling unwell with respiratory symptoms on a Wednesday or the weekend, and cannot wait to be tested, please call our COVID swab nurse on 0417 250 021. You’ll be assessed to see whether you need immediate testing and treatment.
As always, in the case of an emergency or if you are urgently unwell, present to your nearest hospital or dial 000.
If you are asymptomatic, which means you don’t have any symptoms, you cannot currently be tested at BRHS, with these exceptions only:
- disability care workers
- for DHHS contact tracing
- commercial passenger vehicle drivers who live or work in Dandenong, Cardinia or Casey
- food delivery drivers from any area
- students at Victorian boarding schools
Only these people can receive asymptomatic testing at BRHS.
If you need asymptomatic testing for any other reason, such as airline travel, you must contact a GP for testing.
BRHS has opened a testing location at the rear of the hospital for asymptomatic testing of people in the above 2 categories only.
It is open Monday – Friday, 11 am – 1 pm and then 2:30 – 3:30 pm. The service is closed to the public between 1 – 2:30 pm.
You must enter via the McKean St entrance at the back of the hospital, and follow the signposted instructions.
As always, if you are urgently unwell you should present to your nearest hospital Emergency Dept.
For all other enquiries about COVID-19, please call the Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit dhhs.vic.gov.au/Coronavirus
Only people accessing these services may park behind the hospital and access other buildings directly:
- Confirmed treatment appointments at Oncology, Dialysis or Consulting rooms
- Confirmed appointments with Home-Based Nursing, such as the Wound Clinic
- Environmental Services, Kitchen deliveries or Meals on Wheels
- Funeral services
To allow adequate time for staff to perform necessary cleaning, Dorevitch Pathology Services at BRHS will close at 3 p.m. on weekdays, with the last patient being accepted at approximately 2:50 p.m.
Call Dorevitch Pathology Services on (03) 5150 3475 to check opening hours and for all questions.