BRHS provides medical imaging services at both the main hospital and CBD campus.
The Medical Imaging team provide a range medical imaging services on site, including:
- General radiography including head, dental, chest abdomen, spinal and extremity x-rays,
- Fluoroscopic screening including barium studies, hysterosalpingogram, cystogram and urethrogram
- Mammography including Breastscreen
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Bone mineral densitometry
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Interventional Radiology
BRHS medical imaging does not provide nuclear medicine treatments.
All medical imaging appointments require GP or specialist referral.
Be sure to check with your doctor/specialist if any preparation such as fasting is required prior to your procedure.
You are reminded to bring your medicare/pensioner/healthcare cards on the day of your appointment.
To make an appointment, contact the Medical Imaging Department, Monday to Friday between 8 am and 6 pm on 03 5150 3470.
Here’s more info on the imaging services available at our CBD campus.
Have you booked a BreastScreen appointment recently?
This video from BreastScreen Victoria explains how to make a breast screening appointment, what happens during a breast screen, and receiving your results.
Imaging can be viewed via InteliViewer via I-med Regional.