Never before has the enormous importance of nurses to our rural communities been more evident.
During the bushfires of last year and now the COVID-19 pandemic, these amazing professionals have risen to the occasion, demonstrating the strength, savvy and compassion for which they are (rightly) beloved.
At BRHS, we celebrate our nurses every day.
And we recognise that attracting and keeping the brightest and best young nurses in regional Victoria is not only good for our health services, but also great for our communities.
(We’re holding face-to-face information sessions for prospective 2022 Graduate Nurses at BRHS in May. All the details are below.)
Places like East Gippsland make a lot of sense for nurses just starting out in their careers. Here’s 4 reasons why:
- Affordable cost of living. Forget a cramped unit somewhere off the train line. In East Gippsland you’ll be able to afford a place with some space, near the beach, snowfields and all natural attractions that others drive hours to get to. Here’s one of our young nurses talking about life and work in East Gippsland.
- Fast-track your career. Ambitious? We proudly give young nurses the chance to explore different speciality areas and take on leadership roles that can see them rise up the ranks faster than they would at metropolitan hospitals.
- Make a difference. Here, you won’t be a small fish in a big pond. You’ll come to know and be known by the people of this community, and will see and feel the impact that your nursing has here.
- Close mentoring and support. We are a family that helps each other succeed. Our young nurses enjoy the one-on-one support and advice of the best preceptors in Victoria (we reckon), and all the camaraderie that you only get in small, tight-knit team. Meet Libby Byrnes, Sharon Andrews, and Erin McDonald, just three of our amazing preceptors.
If this sounds like the path for you, reach out to our Graduate Nurse Coordinator, Kate Roberts, on (03) 5150 3617 or email@example.com
(She’s very nice, and extraordinarily helpful.)
2022 Graduate Nurse (RN) Information Sessions
BRHS is conducting two information sessions in May for prospective 2022 Graduate Nurses.
The sessions will be held face-to-face at BRHS Main Hospital Campus, 122 Day Street, Bairnsdale.
Please come directly to Monash Rooms 1 & 2 near the Nurse Education area.
- Thursday 13 May, 4 – 5 pm
- Tuesday 18 May, 4 – 5 pm
For more information, contact BRHS Graduate Nurse Coordinator, Kate Roberts, on (03) 5150 3617 or firstname.lastname@example.org