People and businesses in East Gippsland have done a terrific job of fighting the spread of COVID-19.
You’ve done this by maintaining physical distancing, practising good hygiene, and staying home when you’re sick.
As a result, together we have managed to limit community transmission of the deadly virus in this beautiful part of the world that we all call home.
But now is not the time to let up.
Large gatherings in other parts of the state and a relaxation of travel and other restrictions have health officials concerned of another wave of the disease.
Please, keep doing what you have been doing.
- practice good hygiene
- maintain physical distancing, keep at least 1.5 metres away from others
- understand the risk and symptoms
- help continue to slow the spread of COVID-19 by getting tested, even if you have mild symptoms
- stay home and avoid contact if you’re feeling unwell
- take care wherever you go, assume others may be carrying the virus
If you have mild or moderate symptoms, you must get tested.
A clinic has been set up in Bairnsdale specifically to test people with symptoms of COVID-19, pneumonia and influenza.
If you have symptoms, call the clinic to make an appointment to be tested. The number is 4116 2014.
Or, make an appointment at this web page.
Please, help us all stay safe from COVID-19 by keeping on keeping on.