St John Ambulance Victoria is transporting vulnerable people to and from COVID-19 testing sites throughout Victoria.
How Can Patients Access St John COVID-19 Testing Transport?
This free service can be accessed by patients via any health or support agency. Patients are not able to book directly with St John.
If a referral or booking is required at the testing location, it must be arranged prior to booking the transport service with St John.
The number for health services to call to make a booking is 03 8588 8500. Patients and community members cannot make a booking at this number.
Who Can Access St John COVID-19 Testing Transport?
- Those who are unable to make their own way safely to a testing centre, for example the elderly, those who are incapacitated or cannot drive
- Those with no or mild symptoms
- Passengers must be able to walk up three steps or be able to get into a sedan vehicle
Who Are the Drivers?
All drivers are St John Ambulance Volunteers who are:
- First Aid Trained
- have a current National Police Check
- have current Working With Children Check.
All appropriate PPE is worn, including face masks. All vehicles are fitted with defibrillators and first aid kits.
Hours of Operation
Seven days a week from 8.30 am – 7 pm